The following is the Christmas Newsletter we sent out after we lost Kyden. It was our way of letting people know what happened.
Season’s Greetings!
We can’t believe its Christmas time again! Where does the
time go? Our little family has had quite a crazy year and we wanted to give a
quick update!
Scott and I are living in a basement apartment in the
avenues of Salt Lake City .
We absolutely love it! It’s cozy and perfect for us, being close to work and
very affordable. We also love the view and the deer who like to frequent our
backyard!
Scott has kept busy with work and school most of the year. He’s
finishing his Associates at SLCC, and then wants to transfer elsewhere to
finish his education. He is currently working for his uncles in Wood’s Cross at
their store Croft Power Equipment.
I have been keeping busy this year as well! I was working
two jobs for half of the year. I am a Marketing Assistant at Weir Specialty
Pumps and I was a jewelry consultant for lia sophia. I put lia sophia on hold
as personal needs became more important, but I sure enjoy it!
We didn’t take much time off this year, other than taking
the opportunity to go to Lake
Powell with Scott’s
parents! That’s always a treat! And it was a much needed vacation.
Our lives changed dramatically back in June when we
discovered we were pregnant. We were thrilled at the idea of becoming parents
and expanding our family, but the past several months have been rather intense
for us. On October 6, we were told we had a greater than 95% chance of losing
our baby boy. He was diagnosed with a rare condition called Fetal Hydrops. He
also had a fluid filled tumor called a Cystic Hygroma on the back of his neck. I’m
happy to say that our little boy fought for two more months, giving us time to
make some very dear memories with him.
On Dec. 6 it was confirmed that our precious son had finally
succumbed to his condition and had passed on. Kyden James Fife was born sleeping
December 8, 2011 at 8:02am – He weighed 3 lbs 7 oz and was 10 inches long.
Scott and I were blessed to spend the entire day with Kyden and shared some
very special experiences together along with many family members. Kyden was
laid to rest on December 13th.
The pain and sorrow we’ve experienced through this trial has
been nothing compared to the peace and joy we’ve felt. The Lord has been with
us every step of the way and carrying us through the most difficult parts.
We want to take this opportunity to
express our deepest love and gratitude for the countless prayers and blessings
offered in our behalf and our sincerest thanks go out to you! The prayers truly
gave us the strength to face each unknown, and the courage to say goodbye to
our son much sooner than any parent could imagine.
We love you
and wish you the Merriest of Christmas’s and Happiest of New Years!
Love Scott,
Shaylee, and Kyden
P.S. If you
want to keep up with how we’re doing and to get Kyden’s full story, you can
follow our blog at scottnshay.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment