We went from August 17 – 21st. This year was obviously a little different. I had to be sure I snacked constantly in order to stave off the nausea. I also drank plenty of water – Lake Powell is cruelly hot in August! I was too exhausted to try and fish – it seemed every time we stopped I had to take a nap. But boy was it fun! It’s such a different world that it makes all your other cares disappear for a few days. Wonderful.
This trip was when I really discovered my particular craving for McDonalds. Before this pregnancy I rarely if ever ate anything at McDonalds. But the only thing that seemed to truly satisfy me were chicken McNuggets with hot mustard sauce. All other forms of chicken made me extremely ill, but for some reason I was okay with these. Maybe that’s saying something…anyway, we had it for dinner I think two or three times while we were down there and I was perfectly content with that. It made me a little sad that the other restaurants we normally enjoy weren’t as satisfying due to my "morning" sickness.
Overall it was a fantastic trip! I was a
little paranoid about the baby, but I did my best to just relax and enjoy some
much needed time off.















No comments:
Post a Comment