Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. Before we found out about our son’s condition, I planned on making a skeleton costume with a little skeleton baby on the stomach that I found on pinterest.
We also got a chance to see our little boy with the 4D ultrasound, which we hadn’t done before. It was overwhelming to get to see his face, even if it wasn’t perfectly clear. And to see his little hands lying across his stomach. I cried a little. There was my little fighter!
I started getting lightheaded lying on back, so the tech had me roll onto my side. I actually got pretty close to fainting! She left the room to get the doctor and we all talked for a few minutes while we waited. When the doctor came she described his condition in more detail –how his skin is so edematous that it’s not connected to his bones. Basically every part of his body is just…floating. She said his current condition is incompatible with life. However, she did set us up with an appointment at Primary Children’s hospital for a Fetal Echocardiogram – a detailed ultrasound of his heart. Heart defects are one of the most common causes of Hydrops, so that’s why we were headed there. We set up another appointment at MFM for the 23rd of November – the day before Thanksgiving.
After our appointment, My mom, Britt and her
family, and Schy with Micah met up at our house, since Sterling had never seen it. We didn’t stay
long – it was cozy for two people, but get more than four and it starts to get
crowded really fast hahah. We then headed down to temple square! Its sad to
admit, even though Scott and I lived 5 minutes away, we hadn’t actually visited
Temple Square
for quite awhile. It was fun spending so much time there. We ate at The Lyon
House Pantry, which was super yummy! Then we went to the top of the Church Office
Building. It was fun
watching the kids look out the windows at the valley, and it was a perfect day
to be up there! So clear! We walked around temple square and went into the
south visitor’s center so Britt and Sterling
could see the awesome replica of the inside of Salt
Lake Temple.
Then we went to the North visitor center, and finally we made our way over to
the Church History Museum.
I was so exhausted by this point that I had to sit at every opportunity. But I
loved going there!
The rest of the evening was spent at my parent’s house. Scott and I drove Kade home so Britt and Sterling could return their rental car. He was such a well-behaved little gentleman! And he fell asleep on the way down hahah. We must have worn him out!
Friday was more hanging out. We went to a few stores, but mostly stayed at my parent’s house relaxing. Time went by way too fast! Before we knew it, we were saying goodbye to Britt and Sterling. But we were so happy to spend time with them! Before they left, Britt and I took a picture together because we were both pregnant at the same time. I was so grateful Britt and Sterling could come and “meet” our son while he was still alive. We knew it was the only chance they’d have with their unborn nephew.







No comments:
Post a Comment